Wednesday, 2 July 2014

S.M.A.R.T Goals

Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve. ”

Purpose: To set a learning goal for school, friendships, sports and personal.
WALT: Set Smart Goals
Task: 
S.M.A.R.T. means Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-sensitive.
Specific: Don’t be vague. What exactly do you want?
Measurable: Quantify your goal. How will you know if you’ve achieved it or not?
Attainable: Be honest with yourself about what you can reasonably accomplish at this point in your life, taking into consideration your current responsibilities.
Realistic: It’s got to be doable, real and practical.
Time: Associate a time frame with each goal. When should you complete the goal?

Criteria: I can write 4 learning goals that are
Self Assessment
Peer Comment
Specific:
Measurable:
Attainable:
Realistic:
Time Sensitive.


My writing goal is to  use subject specific vocabuluary to support meaning and  to include detail that supports main points, that is important to help you understand the story better
The reason I have decided to focus on this goal is because If I know how to do that I can go on to my next goal and it is very helpful to know that. 
I will accomplish my goal by at the end of next term I am going to practice every day till end of term three.

My reading goal is use a variety of texts with similar themes to make text-text and world-text connections because it helps you know what words mean if you don't know them.
The reason I have decided to focus on this goal is because I need to work on that a heap more 
I will accomplish my goal by the end of next term I will read a lot more and discuss it with a partner. 

My maths goal is to work out two digit mulitplication equations that is importent because if you can work out two digit equations you will be able to work out three or four digit equaions. 
The reason I have decided to focus on this goal is because I don't know how to work out two digit multiplication equations. 
 will accomplish my goal by the end of this term I will practice my 2 digit equations by practicing 30 minutes a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment