Monday, 15 June 2015

KapaHaka Portfolio Sample

Description: On monday afternoons we have kapahaka with Nic, Ebony and Rosie. We learn about the maori culture by singing songs that have meaning.

Here is a video of kapahaka:



Big Idea: 

At kapahaka I enjoy learning about the maori culture because it's all really interesting.

I am most proud of learning the actions for Hou.

 


I find pronounceation challenging because some of the Maori words are really hard and confusing.


I am managing this challenge by going onto Rosie's blog and working with my mum on the pronunciation 


A personal goal for me is Remembering the actions for Karanga Karanga 


Our school wide focus this term has been around showing excellence. I show this at kapahaka by helping the little girls with their actions.

Feedback/Feedfoward: wow tabitha you have improved alot on your kapa haka since you started. you have been working very hard. One thing you need to work on is getting your heart into it, not just doing the actions and singing.
- Aria

Evaluation: I think I could improve on actions but I think I have improved alot.

1 comment:

  1. Tabitha - you are such an asset to both the Kapa Haka group and our school by not only promoting excellence in your own performance (working on your actions and pronunciation) but also helping out our younger Kapa Haka members. A real leader and a wonderful example. Keep up the great work Tabitha.

    ReplyDelete